Saturday, November 25, 2017

A No-Win Scenario

I've been meaning to write this for months but more things keep happening. My dad went into the hospital on labor day with problems. Long story short, they discovered colon cancer. A two-foot section of colon was removed as well as the lymph nodes. Lesions were found on his liver. The lymph nodes and liver were biopsied and tested positive. Dad's condition is getting worse every day. He's dying. Today was our first visit from Hospice.

A family friend who is a gastroenterologist had been telling Dad for years to get a colonoscopy. He never wanted to. This could have been discovered a very long time ago when something could have been done about it. He had already beat prostate cancer and a bump on the head which put him into a coma for a week. He seemed indestructible. I was convinced that he'd live to 100. But, nobody is indestructible.

I'm preaching here, and I don't care. I've had two colonoscopies already. They are inconvenient as fuck, but there is no good excuse not to get one. When your doctor tells you that it's time for one, he's not doing it to torturer you, it will literally save your life. Just fucking do it.

Addendum: Another one of my mom's sister past away suddenly in her sleep two days less than a month after her first sister passed. This is too much for the family to go through, and, I'm at my wit's end now.

No comments:

Post a Comment